May 15 2013
Click on the link below to purchase a signed copy of Sheri Joseph's Where You Can Find Me.
A week after his eleventh birthday, Caleb Vincent vanishes with hardly a trace. After a three-year search, he is found living a seemingly normal life under a new name with a man he calls his father. While outwardly stunned with joy at his safe recovery, Caleb's parents and sister are privately scrambling to gather together the pieces of a shattered family. To escape the relentless media attention surrounding her son's return, Caleb's mother, Marlene, decides to flee the country and seek refuge in Costa Rica with Caleb and his younger sister, against her estranged husband's wishes. There Marlene forms a makeshift household with her husband's expat mother and his charming, aimless older brother, all residing in a broken-down hotel perched at the blustery apex of the continental divide. In the clouds of their new home, the mystery of Caleb's time gone unfolds while new dangers threaten to pull him back toward his former life.
(1) Bring a friend. Bring a friend to our store, a program, an event. Introduce us to more free thinking folks!
(2) Volunteer. Help with everyday tasks, at programs, we always have things that need to be done and love the company. Email email@example.com to find out about volunteer opportunities.
(3) Give gift certificates. What better way to show your love to someone you care than to give them the gift of community?
(4) Make your own wish list up at Charis or online at Indiebound.com. Once you've spent hours listing everything you could ever want from us, just tell your friends and loved ones to trot on down to Charis and ask for your wish list or to look you up on indiebound.com. Hey, you'll get gifts you really love and you can support a good cause.
(5) Ask your professors, your child's teachers, your school, office, or organization to think about buying their books through Charis. They'd be surprised at how easy it is.We are always open to doing a book table at a community event or at a conference or school. Email Sara@charisbooksandmore.com to inquire about book tables in the community.
(6) Educate yourself and others about why buying local and independant helps all of us. Below are just a few reasons from indiebound.com. We're sure you can think of many more.
When you shop at an independently owned business, your entire community benefits: